Mailing Address: PO Box 1177, Fairfield, TX 75840
In 1947, Mr. J.B. Daniel was moved with compassion to help families in need after the Great Depression era. He dedicated approximately 1000 acres located seventeen miles east of Fairfield, TX, and founded a home to help children and families in need. The properties and operation of the Home were transferred by the Daniel's family to the Texas Assemblies of God Districts in 1961.
Originally founded as the Daniel Memorial Orphanage in 1947, the name changed to Pleasant Hills Children's Home on May 1, 1970.
Today, Pleasant Hills Children's Home is a basic childcare facility licensed by the Texas Department of Protective and Regulatory Services. Offering a family-style atmosphere, Pleasant Hills provides a loving Christian home for abused, abandoned, needy, neglected, or troubled children.